Thursday, July 31, 2014

Triple Layer Card

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for visiting. I had meant to post this yesterday, but my day got away from me. I took the car in to get all new tires. I had driven over a few nails about 5 years ago and the patch finally gave. What was supposed to be a quick tire replacement turned into an all day ordeal with unforeseen expenses with loose ball joints, tire rods near to snapping, and needing control arms to take care of these things. Ugh! I did start working on my husband's birthday card, and I plan to finish it today - hopefully. But that will be posted after he becomes an old man. Needless to say I had ice cream last night. Anywho! Today's make is a triple layer card. You can find the tutorial I used here. It's a cool looking card and I'm excited to show you how to make one.


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 11" scored at 5 1/2" for your base.
  • White cardstock and the rest of the base color. I'll give measurements later.
  • Low tack tape
  • Permanent tape
  • Paper trimmer
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started! With the left over paper from your colored base, you will need to cut out these pieces: 3 1/4 x 4 1/2" and 2 1/4 x 3 1/2". The base is your third colored layer.
With your white cardstock you will need to cut out these pieces: 4 x 5 1/4", 3 x 4 1/4", and 2 x 3 1/4".  Take all your white pieces and layer them on top of each other with the low tack tape so it can stay in place.


You'll want to stamp your main greeting now so you have something to go around.

Then take your stamps and stamp over the edges. Again, you'll want paper under your project because you will stamp off of the card. You'll have something that looks like this.


Don't worry about the white gaps that appear on the cardstock as it will be covered. Now you'll want to separate your layers. Next you can place the first layer on the card stock and then cover it with the colored piece of cardstock. All you need to do is line up the image of the next layer with the other layer that you've already glued onto your base.






Yay! Another amazing looking card that looks complicated, perhaps, yet simple to make. You rock! Have fun with this one! 

Thanks for popping over, Crafters! I'll be seeing you soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment