Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Winne the Pooh & Piglet too

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for visiting today. I hope everyone is having a great day. So my cousin is pregnant with her first child. Yay! While I'm not throwing her the baby shower, I did offer to do the shower invitations. She is not going to find out what the sex of the baby is until Baby decides they want the world to meet them. Everything needed to be as gender nonspecific as possible. My cousin loves Winnie the Pooh and I happen to have the build an owl punch, word window, and great improvisation skills. What I used for reference can be found here. Here's the finished product. (Piglet looks like they were smooched passionately by someone in red lipstick, but since it's actually just a model I went with it.)

Here's what you'll need:
  • Build an Owl punch 
  • Word window punch
  • Build a Bird punch OR leaves die from secret garden.
  • Pooh yellow cardstock
  • Red card stock
  • Pale pink and darker pink cardstock.
  • Ink
  • Sponges
  • Black marker and Pink marker
  • Glue
Let's get started. Punch out your pieces. Since I don't have the colors required in cardstock, but I do in ink I found the best replacement as possible. I went to Michaels and got the Spice Market Recollections pack for Pooh bear. I already had the pink from a previous trip, but same brand. For pooh you will need to punch out 2 of the owl bodies in Pooh yellow and one body in red. Trim the feet and the ears off each. Punch with the word window in pooh yellow and cut in half for arms. Cut out the leaves (bird builder punch) in Pooh yellow for feet. You'll also need two largest circles from the owl punch in pooh yellow, the medium circle in black, and 2 black small circles. These are your ears, nose, and eyes. (Below you will see I had 2 Pooh yellow medium circles, I corrected it later.) Once you have these punched out, you will sponge the edges in their respective colors. All you have to do next is assemble Pooh! use your black marker to draw eyebrows and a smile.






For Piglet you need less parts! One owl body in pale pink and one in darker pink. Trim the ears and feet. In the darker pink. Use the word window twice in the pale pink and cut in half for arms and legs. In the darker pink cut out the leaves (or bird punch) for the ears. You'll use the darker pink to punch out a medium circle for his nose. Sponge all the edges in pink ink. I found it easier to glue the head to the body and then draw the stripes with the pink marker on the body before attaching ears and legs. Once you've assembled Piglet, use the black marker for eyebrows and a smile.





That's all there is to it. I'll put up a post later on what design was decided on for the baby shower invitation since I didn't glue anything down yet. Hope you have fun making Winnie the Pooh and Piglet too! Thanks for popping by, Crafters! See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment