Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Love Beyond Words

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for visiting. I really enjoy making cards and I'm glad that I am able to share them and how I make them with you. Today I made a simple card using a new photo-polymer stamp set. It's beautifully magical, but I'm only using parts of the stamps! 





Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" scored at 5".
  • Plain white cardstock cut to 4 3/4 x 6 1/4"
  • Two (2) pieces in coordinating cardstock to 1 1/4 x 3 1/4"
  • Two (2) pieces of white cardstock to 1 1/8 x 3 1/8"
  • Circle punches or dies
  • Sponges
  • Paper trimmer
  • Post-it Note or washi tape
  • Stamping and die cutting tools
Let's get started! Stamp your greeting and cut it out with your circle die or punch. Take your sponge and coordinating ink and sponge along all of the edges of your white cardstock. On the smaller pieces, I lightly sponged for a contrast in the ink. 


Since this is a new stamp set, I stamped a few times on scrap paper to see how it stamps. I noticed that the greeting doesn't grab all the ink even though I pressed evenly down. What I did was rubbed an eraser over the stamp and then inked it again. It helped the stamp grab the ink better.

Next I took a flourish stamp included in my set. I inked it up and stamped off first onto my scrap paper and then along the edges. I only used a part of the stamp. On the 4 3/4 x 6 1/4" I used the same stamp but a different portion. I also did not stamp the ink off first.





After that I need to get those cute tendrils curling out from under the circle layers. I grabbed a piece of scrap paper, cut the same sized circle out, and adhere it to where I want the circle on the card with a post it note. You can use washi tape too, as long as it's low tack tape you'll be fine. Then I stamped over it. Since I used a humongous stamp, I only inked the part I needed.


Once you've done up it's just a matter of lining up your rectangles and circles how you like them and adhering them to your cardstock. I really like this layout. There's something about the rectangles under the circle that appeals to me. 

Thanks for popping over, Crafters! Don't forget to subscribe if you don't want to miss a post. Have a great day. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment