Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fun with Squares Thank You Card

Hiya, Crafters! I hope today finds everyone in good spirits. Last night my husband Ben admitted that he loves Puppy Chow. (Not the dog kind.) I made him just a little more Midwestern. Puppy chow is a snack where you toss rice chex in melted chocolate and peanut butter, then toss again in powder sugar. I picked some up the other day and it brought me right back to my childhood on a summer day. Today's make is a simple thank you card using squares and circles. It's super easy, and the layout is real simple. I was inspired by a British magazine called Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 123. They come with free stamps. Or the stamps come with a free magazine. :) You can find them (maybe not this issue) at JoAnn Fabrics.


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" for the base scored at 5"
  • Designer paper cut to 6 1/2 x 5"
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scrap paper!
  • Square punch or dies
  • Circle die
  • Stamping and die cutting tools.
Let's get started! Take your card base and fold in half. I don't know if you can tell, but I rounded one corner. (I use my envelope punch board to do that!) Round the same corner with your designer paper. Stick it on the card base. I took a piece of black scrap paper and trimmed it down to 6 1/4 x 1 3/4" for my filmstrip. If you have a filmstrip die you are a lucky duck! I don't have one so I placed the square die on the paper and cut it out as many times as I could.


Using a square smaller, I cut out two squares each of red, green, blue, orange, and yellow. After that came my large circle. I just used the second largest circle die I had as it fit better to the card. Then I arranged the squares in a circle and left a gap for the modern label punch. Then I punched out two stars and put them in the squares. That's it. That's all I did.

Hope you lie today's make! Let me know what you think in the comments below. I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by, Crafters! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment