Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Penny Spinner Card

Hiya, Crafters! Today I am going to show you how to do a penny spinner card. I know mine probably looks quite odd with no particular order. That's because it's all an inside joke. I'm sending it to my BFF and it's commemorating the work-ation we took together in the Philippines and when we became BFFs. All I'm willing to say is that a man who worked in a yogurt stand and resembled a horse wracked up our tab in ways that we never thought were possible. What's unique about this card is that when you tilt it the postage stamp sentiment spins on two pennies. I found the instructions for the penny spinner card here.


Here's what you'll need:
  • Base cardstock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" and score it at 4 1/4".
  • Designer paper cut to 4 x 5 1/8"
  • Cardstock cut to 2 1/4 x 5 1/8"
  • Two (2) pennies
  • 3D foam stickers
  • Word window punch
  • Paper trimmer
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started! Take your 2 1/4 x 5 1/8" piece of cardstock and push it all the way into your word window punch leaving just a little overhanging on the side. You will punch, and then move it over, still keeping it aligned with the original punch, and punch again so that you are extending the shape across the cardstock. You should be able to get 3 punches out of this.


Next lay this piece flat on your designer paper and punch your greeting through the window. This is so that when you finally need to layer it, the greeting is already stamped and you know exactly where to stick this layer.


Once you've finished stamping on the designer paper, adhere it to your cardstock. I also finished decorated the window layer here as well.


Next I took my two pennies and a small 3D foam sticker and made a sandwich. You'll want to be careful of the 3D size you use. If you go too large it will not fit properly into the window and it certainly won't move around.


I placed another 3D foam sticker on the penny and attached my postage stamp greeting. Its now ready to be adhered to the card. Flip it over and place more 3D foam stickers on the back. This is so that the pennies have enough room to spin when the card is tilted.

An extra tip for you. I had this stamp, it's pretty old and silly, with some markings that I just didn't care for. So what I did was place tape over the bits I didn't like and then inked the stamp. I removed the tape and stamped my image.



I normally don't stamp that much on the inside, but I figured this would get another gut laugh from her if she saw it.

There you have it, a penny slider card. Since it's so bulky I will be taking it to the post office to mail as I'm certain it's heavier than 3 oz, and it probably won't fit through their machine.

Let me know what you think in the comments. I read each and every one I get. Thanks for popping over, Crafters! See ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment