Monday, July 21, 2014

Pop Up Slider Card

Hiya, Crafters! How is everyone today? I hope you had a great weekend. Our was nice and relaxing and we enjoyed our last cool weekend in July before the heat wave that's hitting us now. My husband and I even took Oscar for a couple of walks. He really, really enjoys them. For today I made a simple pop up slider card. You can view the video tutorial here. It's a fun, quick card. 


Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Two (2) pieces of cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" for the base of your card. You will want one of those pieces to be white.
  • Cardstock cut to 3 1/4 x 4 3/4" - you'll probably want that to be white too.
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scoring tool
  • 3D foam (optional)
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started! Take your colored piece of cardstock that is going to be the front of your card and your paper trimmer. Again, I flipped mine upside down so I could see what I was doing. Line your cardstock at the 3 1/2" line. Move your cutting blade to the 3/4" mark and cut to 4 3/4". Flip your card over and repeat.


Next turn your card 90 degrees and line the cardstock at the 4 3/4" line and then you want to connect the previous cut lines. Only do this once.



It will look something like this:



After that we need to score that panel. Slide the cardstock with the 5 1/2" side at top (or bottom depending on the way you're doing this) and score between the lines at 1 1/4", 3", and 4 3/4". 



Then you will mountain fold those score lines with the bottom flap down, middle up, and top down again.



Now it's time to attach the panel to the back of your top piece of cardstock. Just run some tape, or sticky strip, along the bottom part that isn't attached to the card. Line your panel up to the bottom edge and adhere. You should have some overhang on each side.




I then took a 1" circle punch and punched half of the top out. I took the other 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" panel and lined it up with the orange one. (I flipped the middle panel out so it would get out of the way) I just lined them up and punched another half circle.



After that I ran tape along the two sides and the bottom so I could adhere the back panel to the card. 



Then I stood both pieces up to make sure they were even and just stuck them together. I needed both my hands for that so I wasn't able to photograph it for you. But here is what it will look like when you've completed that.



Next I stamped the top of the card. I like the subtle look of similar colored ink on paper, but there is just enough contrast.



I pulled the top up and stamped my greeting on each side.



Here you can decide if you want the bit that pops to be on a dimensional. Only apply it to the lower half so that the card opens properly. Then take a bit of ribbon, fold it in half, and staple it to the piece of card that shows through your half circle to be pulled.



This is what your end result will look like closed and opened.




How cute is that? Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Don't forget to subscribe! Thanks for stopping by, Crafters! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment