Friday, August 1, 2014

Masking Technique

Hiya, Crafters! How is everyone today? I am doing well, thanks for asking. Tomorrow is Ben's birthday. Yay! We're going to see the Guardian's of the Galaxy! Double Yay! It's going to be free because when we saw Captain America there was a glitch on the screen and they gave us free vouchers. Triple Yay!! We are super excited. Today I wanted to do a quick card. I had no idea how quick it was going to be. I only used one piece of cardstock. I used this tutorial. And I came up with this!


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" scored at 5".
  • Post it notes.
  • Washi tape or low tack tape
  • Scissors or a punch (I used both)
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started! On this card I wanted the sentiment to be brought forward, so I stamped it first on the card, then stamped it again on scrap paper. I cut out the sentiment on the scrap paper as nicely as I could. Using washi tape I adhered it to cover the sentiment stamped on the card. I watch Doctor Who while I craft. Look, there's Badger from Firefly. I think this is the first time I've seen him play a good character.


After that I punched a shape from the sticky part of a post it note. I used the butterfly punch and coordinating Papillon Potpourri stamp set. (The stamps are a wee bit bigger than the punch.) Since I was doing a rainbow color, I figured out that yellow would essentially be the bit that goes behind the sentiment, so I stamped that first, then covered it with my post it note punch.

After that it quickly went from me stamping over a bit of the mask, and repeat. That is it. Of course I went extremely basic, but I think the effect went a long way. In fact, it took me longer to figure out what I was going to do than it did to actually do it.

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. I'll see you on Monday. Thanks for visiting, Crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment