Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Easel Card

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for coming by. I hope everyone is having a good day. I wonder if everyone has a certain friend or family member that is accident prone because I certainly do. I couldn't make some of this stuff up. Unfortunately it's a little serious this time. My friend has been struggling with high blood pressure and has passed out multiple times from it and ultimately breaking something(s). This time it was one of his ribs and I'll be sending him Nurse Owlette to look over hm. I will be doing an Easel card today and you can find the original tutorial here.  It's a fun and easy to do card.


Here's what you'll need:
  • Base cardstock cut to 5 x 10".
  • Cardstock cut to 5 x 5".
  • Cardstock cut to 4 3/4 x 4 3/4"
  • Cardstock cut to 3 1/2 x 5"
  • White cardstock cut to 3 1/4 x 4 3/4"
  • Brads
  • Paper piercing tool
  • Paper trimmer
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started. Take your base card stock and score at 5" and then again at 7 1/2". Fold the card in half and then fold the small piece over. This is your easel. Sign your work now.


Next I decorated my top 4 3/4 x 4 3/4" layer. I decided to get everything decorated before I started attaching things because it could get tricky. I pierced the 3 1/2 x 5" paper and slipped brads through the holes.This is to help the easel stay upright. Once I had everything decorated I adhered it to the card. Of course you do not have to cut the bottom part exactly like I did. I just like a large piece to write on because I have big handwriting. That's it! Wasn't that super simple? 

Now I also found some instructions that you can cut out and insert with your card in case you aren't there to show the recipient how to stand up the card. You can find it here.








I hope you enjoy making your easel cards. Please tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks for popping by! See ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment