Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Spooky Halloween!

Hiya, Crafters! I hope today finds everyone in good spirits. Last night my husband and I went to the midnight release of Destiny to pick up his birthday present! It was the biggest midnight release I have ever seen. It even blew WoW out of the water. Ben wanted the limited edition and I was looking through the extra fancy stuff when we got home. All that kept going through my head when I looked at the book, or the map, or the postcards were "I could make a really awesome card with this!" He's lucky I love him and left it alone. =P
So all my Christmas cards are completed and I wanted to do a Halloween card. I suppose I am a little backwards this year. I also wanted to use a die that I haven't ever used before either. This is what I came up with.


As you can tell I really love sponging ink onto card as a background. I just can't help myself. This time I punched out a 1" circle from a post it note. I first placed the negative down where I wanted the moon and sponged my yellow in the circle. Then I placed the actual 1" circle over the moon to protect it while I sponged the background. I also cut out a wavy bit of cardstock to mask over so that I had a rolling hill effect to place my cemetery scene on. Here's a link to my northern lights tutorial.





The die itself  was one piece. What I did to get the different colors was run it through my machine for those different colors each time. Then I cut out the bits I wanted and glued it to the main piece. After that all I did was sponge some black over the back ground, stamped a bat over the moon, and sponged more black over it to look like a murky cloud. The label for the sentiment had black rubbed over it too.  

Here's something else I did with masking. I love this technique and if I can combine them I do.  All I did was just tuck some circles under a bigger one.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed my cards and that they gave you some inspiration. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment