Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Star Burst Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! I hope everyone had a good Labor Day weekend. We relaxed and Ben made me the most delicious dinner with scallops. Yum! Today's tutorial is similar to something that I've seen on pinterest for a while. I followed this tutorial and decided to give it a try. It's a little different than the ones I've seen on pinterest.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 x 11" scored at 5 1/2". This is your base.
  • Cardstock cut to 3 3/4 x 5".
  • Same color cardstock as above cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Matting layer cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8"
  • Scrap paper (1) piece cut to 4 1/2 x 1 1/2"
  • Scrap paper (1) piece cut to 4 x 1 1/2"
  • Scrap paper (2) pieces cut to 3 x 1 1/2"
  • Scrap Paper (2) pieces cut to 2 x 1 1/2"
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scissors
  • Stamping tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! For your scrap paper, I did both colors in each size. For the larger bits, I just alternated it. Take your scrap paper and cut them in half on the diagonal. 

 
On your 3 3/4 x 5" paper, I took a 1" circle and placed it on the front so that I could layer my strips around it. I used a post it note. It doesn't matter what color you use since you will be covering it with your sentiment later. I did a dry run first so I knew what I was working with.
 


Next all you need to is tape your triangles down. Make sure your largest ones are available to cover the largest amount of space. It's like a puzzle almost. When you have it all glued down you'll have something like this.
 
Now those strips certainly overlapped the cardstock you adhered them to. Just flip your piece over and with your scissors trim it down. Just line it up against the edge of the cardstock.

Once you've trimmed all the sides down, it's time to layer it. Take the same color you taped your triangles to and cut it to 4 x 5 1/4" and layer your star burst on the card.
 


All that's left is to mat the rest in your preferred colors and your base. Here's mine towards the end.
 


That's it! I really like the look of this! I found it quick and easy. If you want the card to open the other way, you'll want your base to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4". I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. It's your turn now to have fun with it! Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment