Saturday, September 27, 2014

Gatefold Easel Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Happy Saturday! I am back from my little break. I have to admit that I just didn't feel creative this past week until now. That's OK as it happens to all of us. Normally I would just force myself to sit down and look through all my stuff, but I just simply didn't want to. But today I was finally struck by inspiration! I saw this lovely tutorial and I finally felt like doing something. I'll be glad to show you how I did it!
Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock measured at 8 1/2 x 11" (How convenient!)
  • Coordinating cardstock
  • Trimmer
  • Scoring tool
  • Brads
  • Stamping and die cutting tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! First things first we will score the cardstock longways in half at 5 1/2".
Rotate the cardstock 90 degrees and score at 2 1/8". Flip the card over and repeat.
Next we are going to cut out two flaps from the 5 1/2" score line and the 2 1/8" score line. You'll want to cut on the inside of the 2 1/8" score line so that it is a little skinny and will fit easier when you fold it.
Then all you need to do is score the panel at 2 3/4" and then fold your card. You'll have something that looks like this:
All that's left for you to do is decorate! Here's what I came up with:
 This is how it looks when it is not propped up as an easel.
 I tucked my banners under the flaps to keep it closed.

That's all there is to it! I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. I appreciate your patience with my sojourn from crafting. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment