Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Step Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! How is everyone today? I'm looking forward to fall, I always do. Today's make is a simple stair step easel type card. I found a tutorial for it here. It's quite simple once you look at it and I'll be happy to show you!


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 5 1/4 x 12" for the card base
  • Scoring board and tool
  • Bone folder
  • Cardstock cut to 5 1/4 x 5 1/4" for the panel
  • Stamping tools to finish the card
Let's get started! With the 12" edge to the top score your cardstock at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6", and 9".




Next you will do a mountain valley fold to make it look just like this:

 Now would be a good time to decorate your panels as any other time. Burnish all your creases with your bone folder to keep the folds nice and crisp. Once you've completed that adhere your panel to the largest space. I layered my panel. If you decide you want something bigger, for instance you could have it go as large as 5 1/4 x 6", just make your layer a 1/4" smaller on each side.



That's it! I like this one as it doesn't require a brad or something thick, like a scallop and a 3D foam sticker, to keep it upright. It does it all on its own.

I hope you enjoyed today's quick and simple tutorial. Go have some fun with this one. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment