Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Big Buckle Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Happy middle of the week! I hope everyone is doing well. Today's tutorial is a card with a buckle. It's really cute and simple to make. You can watch the video here. This is a great card that can easily be switched from feminine to masculine. I suppose I went a little manly with this, but I did not add a sentiment to it as I don't have any plans for this yet.
Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 5 1/2 x 7" for your base.
  • Coordinating cardstock cut to 2 1/2 x 5 1/4".
  • Coordinating or patterned paper cut to 2 3/8 x 5 1/8".
  • Cardstock cut to 1 5/8 x 5 1/2" for your belt
  • Cardstock cut to 1 1/2 x 5 3/8" for your belt layer (optional)
  • Cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/4" for the inside layer
  • Word Window punch or something similar
  • Scoring tool
  • Stamping and die cutting tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! Take your base paper and line it up longways to your scoring board or trimmer and score at 4 1/4".
What I did next was decorate my panels for the front. I've given the measurements above, but do not adhere them to the front panel yet! Since I decided I wanted to layer my belt, I decorated the layer and adhered it to the 1 5/8 x 5 1/2" piece designated for my belt. Then I scored it at 3 1/2".

After that I took my word window punch and punched out a slot in the lower half. I would recommend that you punch further from the edge than I did just so you can add tape around it.  I still haven't adhered my decorated panels to the front of my card. I lined it up on the front panel to see where the punch is and then drew along the inside (with the end of a paint brush) so that it very lightly embossed the area on the front panel. Then I punched that out.
Once I was satisfied that the punches lined up nicely, I finally adhered the front layers to the panel.  Now is about the time that you'll want to decorate your inside 4 x 5 1/4" layer. Then fold your buckle around the edge. You will want to line up the long in with the punched slot. When you're satisfied that the inside layer lines up so that the buckle fits in the slot, tape the bit that you tucked under the inside layer down. Then adhere the inside layer to the panel.
You'll have something that looks like this:
All that's left is to add your embellishments or cut outs. Pretty simple, eh? 

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and have some fun with it. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment