Friday, September 12, 2014

Baby Dresser Stair Step Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Happy Friday!! It's a rainy and chilly day here. Perfect for a hoodie and cuddly cat if you ask me. Today's card is for my beautiful cousin who is pregnant with her first child. Her baby shower is this Sunday and I needed to give her something sweet. I tried to do a gender non-specific as much as possible, they aren't going to know if it's a boy or a girl until the baby comes.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 6 x 10" for your base.
  • Scoring tools
  • Trimmer
  • Fancy dies or punch
  • 3D foam stickers
  • Pearl bling for knobs on drawer
  • Stamping and die cutting tools to finish the card
Let's get started! Take your card base and with the short end against the edge line it up at the 2 1/2" mark. Then move your cutting blade one inch from the top and cut towards 7 1/2". (I did this upside down on my trimmer so I could easily see where I was going with the blade.)




You'll have two panels now, a large one and a skinny one. We need to make most of our next score marks on our skinny panel. These score lines are 1", 2" and then the 5" score you'll want to make it through both large and skinny panels, then score again all the way through at 9". Mountain valley fold your score lines and you'll have something that looks like this!



To make the feet for the dresser, take your fancy punch or die and line up how long your want the dresser legs to be. I only have dies so I did a partial cut. You'll have something that looks like this:



Now it's up to you to decorate your card! I used the modern label punch for the drawers and sponged ink on the edges for depth. Then I put a single pearl bead in the middle for the drawers.

The stamp set I used is Something For Baby. I cut out one of the booties and folded the top a little, taped just the back of it, and hung it over the drawer. I found some small stuffed animal stamps and cut those out as well and taped them to the back of the drawers. Using 3D foam stickers, I applied the drawers  to the large panel. Oh, yes, I also cut out a small but of a doily and colored it. Then I just used the modern label punch again, turned it 90 degrees and placed a smaller pearl on that so that the hanger could "hang" off of it. 

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial! Don't be shy in changing the measurements for your cuts and score lines. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment