Monday, September 22, 2014

Cascading Butterflies Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! I hope everyone is had a great weekend and a good start to their week. Today I am going to show you how to do this cascading butterflies card. I got the idea from this video. It's a very fun and simple card and I'll be glad to show you how to do it.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" scored at 5" for the base of your card.
  • Scrap paper in the same color.
  • Trimmer
  • Scissors
  • 3D foam stickers 
  • Glue - liquid or double sided
  • Punches/dies to match the image you picked.
  • Stamping tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! Take your card base already scored and folded to your trimmer and cut a 1 1/4" off of the front panel.
At this point you'll want to decorate that front panel. You can emboss it or use a stencil. Once you've done that we need to start stamping the images on your scrap paper. I cut a piece long enough to cover the front and staggered my image first in blue.
Then I used the same image and went over it in yellow. It's OK if the images overlap.
After that you'll need to get out your scissors and cut along the sides of this. You don't have to get right up to the edge of the image. It's easier if you move the paper to cut instead of your scissors. Do both sides. You'll have something like this.

In the video, she ran a line of glue down the edge of the card. I did too, but if you would rather use strong double sided tape that will definitely work out. Then just line up your cut out paper over the edge of the front panel.
All that is left is stamping more images for you to punch or cut out. I used my 3D foam stickers and just layered them over the flowers. If I found a mistake, I covered it with a butterfly. I also used them to hide more of the edge. Once I was happy with my results, I glued my sentiment on. That's it. This is one piece of cardstock and a bunch of scrap paper that I had.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you have fun making your own. Thanks for popping by, Craters! I'll see ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment