Thursday, September 11, 2014

Another Flip Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for visiting. I hope today finds you well. Today's tutorial is another kind of flip card. I can't seem to get enough of these. I was inspired by this card to try one. It's pretty simple and the technique for the die opens up tons of new doors in card making.




Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Cardstock cut to 5 x 11" for your base card.
  • Coordinating cardstock
  • Nesting dies
  • Scoring tool / Bone folder
  • Trimmer
  • Post it Notes / washi tape
  • Adhesive
  • Stamping and die cutting tools to finish the card. 
Let's get started! Take your base cardstock and score at 5 1/2" and 2 3/4". Mountain fold your score lines to get something like this:

Go to your machine and lay the cardstock on your cutting plate. Line up your nesting die that it is center on your 2 3/4" score line. Use a post it note to keep it in  place on the cardstock.


Then take your matting plate, in my case the B plate, and place it halfway so that it is only covering half of the die. Line it up with that score line. 
Holding your sandwich firmly so that nothing moves, run it completely through your machine. When you take it out, you'll have something that looks like this:
Fold your score lines once more, and take the half cut image of your die and fold it over. You'll have something like this:
For layering I did pretty much the same thing. I cut a piece of cardstock  the same length, but only score at 2 3/4". I ran it through my machine exactly the same way. When I took it to my trimmer, I cut at 2 3/4", then I trimmed it down a further  1/4".  The remaining cardstock left over from that I cut a 4 3/4 x 5 1/4" piece and glued it onto the inside. 

For the center, I used the next size down on the nesting dies and cut out a piece. I stamped my sentiment on the paper and again on a post it note. I made sure that part of the image would have some tackiness on the back. I cut it out with scissors and placed it over the sentiment.


I then stamped all over it with a flower. I inked the stamped, then stamped off some of the ink. I did this because I wanted the flowers to take a back seat and I also didn't want the ink to bleed through the post it note.


That's all there is to it. I left mine rather plain, but you can certainly doll yours up as much, or little, as you like. I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment