Monday, September 8, 2014

Double Embossing & Rose's Card

Hiya, Crafters! I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was great and it's still continuing! I have to keep the post short so I'm just going to show you a quick tip for embossing and the card I made for my nieces 7th birthday. Let's start with double embossing.


What I did here with my embossing folder is after I ran it through my machine, I flipped my cardstock over, shifted it a little so it didn't line up perfectly, and ran it through my machine once more. The effect is subtle, but it really adds a nice touch to a simple card.
 
There are tons of ways of lining it up to get different effects from diagonally, or even overlapping the design. Quick and easy, love it!


My sweet niece is turning 7 on Friday. I wanted to send her something that stood out, and was also a bit frilly. Since her name is Rose, I decided to do lace and roses.


Here I stamped my image in versamark and poured clear embossing powder over it. Then I set the powder. After that I applied different amounts of pressure of the same color ink and rubbed it over the embossed image. Then I was ready to cut out the images! I wrapped some coordinating ribbon on the side, placed some bling on the flower center, and also on the edge of the border punch.

That's it for me today, folks. My mother-in-law will be over soon and I think  we are going to spend the day crafting! Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment