Friday, August 15, 2014

Reflection Technique

Hiya, Crafters! How is everyone today? It's a rainy day here in the Midwest. I've really enjoyed this "cool" summer we've been having. I just hope this doesn't mean we're going to have another bitter cold winter. Today's make is based around the reflection technique that I've seen on Pinterest and card communities ever since I started. It was something that I thought was too difficult for me to do. I was wrong. There are plenty of tutorials out there, but I didn't really use one, although the way I did this might be better for a single image.




Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • White cardstock and anything else needed to make the card.
  • Sponges
  • Ink
  • Stamp-a-ma-jig (SAMJ) and image window/ strong, clear acetate
  • Stamp
  • Scrap paper
  • Anything else to finish the card.
  • A demanding kitty.
Let's get started! Cut your white piece of cardstock to the measurements you want for your card. In this instance, I cut to 4 1/2 x 6". I decided that the reflection was going to be on a pond on a bright day. I did the water first. You'll want to rub it out lightly on your paper. When you come to an area where you want the break, tear some cardstock and rub ink over the edges. Then I took my green ink and rubbed over the edges.

You'll want to continue to do this adjusting your cardstock up and back and forth to break up the lines. I also flipped it over a couple of times for contrast. Next I picked a darker blue and made the sky meet the grass. You will see that you have a void of white, I just gently rubbed my sponge over that.


After that I stamped my image on the image window and lined it up on the card where I wanted it to be stamped. Then I slid my SAMJ to the side, removed the image window, and stamped the card.


For the reflection, I turned the card upside down and repeated the process, but I stamped off some ink first before stamping the image on the card.


Now you see that while doing this option it would probably be better to pick a single tree or flower. There are other techniques out there that fixes this problem and I'll get to those for you in the future. For now you have a quick and easy way to create a reflection.

Oh! Don't forget one of these!
 

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and have fun doing your own. Thanks for popping by, Crafters. I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment