Monday, August 25, 2014

Peek-a-boo Trifold Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent it watching the premier of Doctor Who! I enjoyed it tremendously. I will admit that when they transitioned from 10 to 11 I was resistant. But I really enjoyed 12 and I think Capaldi is a great Doctor so far! Oooo weee oooh! So today's make is a peek-a-boo trifold card.  You can watch the video tutorial here. It's a fun card to make!





Here's what you'll need to make this card:


  • Cardstock cut to 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" for your base.
  • Coordinating cardstock (I'll give measurements later)
  • Paper trimmer
  • Circle punch (Or die)
  • 3D foam stickers
  • Stamping and die cutting tools
Let's get started! Take your base cardstock and score at 1 1/2" and 5". 


Center your circle punch or die on the 1 1/2" score line. The video calls for 1 3/4" (If I remember correctly.) I only had dies, and the closest one I had to it was 2".


I decided to give the edge a finished look and used the scallop die from one of my sets. I needed to fold my card in half in order to pass it through my cuttlebug, which was perfectly fine.




Next we need to decorate the front panel. You can do anything you like here be it designer paper or embossed paper. Whatever you prefer. I chose DSP. And I cut it to 4 x 3 3/16". After that I punched out a flower using the Flower shop stamp set and coordinating pansy punch. Using my 3D foam stickers, I cut one of the larger ones in half and placed them on the bottom two petals. If you want to decorate the flap now would be as good as a time as any.




I eased it as close to the edge as I could so that the circle would  be filled with the flower when opened, but still had enough clearance to close easily over it without it being fiddly.


Then I stamped out a small banner from the Banner Blast stamp set and punched it out. Again, I cut a 3D foam in half and laid it as close to the inverted point of the flags as possible. Then I butted the sticker against the scalloped edge and folded it down to adhere to the panel. This is so that your card stays closed. You will have to fold it back a little to get the flap under it.

All that's left now is decorating. The panels measure to approximately 3 1/2 x 4 1/4". The middle inside panel does have half a circle cut out. You can either just place your cardstock over it, or cut half a circle out of the matted layer. Here's what mine looks like opened.

That's all there is to it! I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. Now it's your turn. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment