Friday, August 22, 2014

Stars and Doilies

Hiya, Crafters! Happy Friday!! I hope everyone had a good week. I've been a little busy this week but I made sure to carve out some time to make cards and post. I didn't run out of tutorials, I promise. Anyway, today's make is a mash up of a sponged doily and masking. You can see my masking technique post here. I never thought I would ever utter these three words but I LOVE DOILIES! The more I use them, the more I want to use them in everything that I do. Do you have something like that? Here's what I came up with today.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" scored at 5"
  • Layer coordinating cardstock or designer paper cut to 4 3/4 x 6 1/4"
  • Scrap paper for border; I made sure it was only 4 3/4" long.
  • Glitter paper
  • Punches
  • Doily!
  • Sponges
  • Scissors 
  • Paper trimmer
  • Stamping and die cutting tools
I haven't decided yet what kind of card this is going to be. It could be a graduation card, but I'm leaning towards birthday with a "Wish Big" sentiment inside. What do you think? I hope this gives you a little inspiration. Have fun with this! Thanks for popping by, Crafters! Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment