Monday, August 18, 2014

Triple Tier Slider Card Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Happy Monday - hope today finds you well and I hope everyone had a good weekend. I made chocolate zucchini muffins and framed some special cards that were given to me. Today's make is a triple tier slider card. I used this tutorial. I also referenced Splitcoaststampers.The stamps I used are some photo-polymer stamps, I think I got them from Michael's or Joann Fabrics. The ink blurred a lot. I saw somewhere that is the result of an oil residue and to wash them in soapy water. I will give that a go later on and let you know if it worked.





Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • 12 x 12" piece of cardstock - recommending designer paper.
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scoring tool
  • Strong double sided tape
  • Ribbon
  • Coordinating cardstock 
  • Scrap paper
  • Materials to finish card
Let's get started! Take your 12 x 12 DSP cardstock and cut it into 3 pieces measuring at:
  • 4 1/2 x 11 5/8". This is your bottom layer.
  • 3 3/8 x 10 1/4". This is your middle layer.
  • 3 x 9 3/8". This is your top layer.
On your top layer, score at  3 1/3" and 6 3/8". (I only took one picture of this as I liked my score board for the scoring for this project.)


Your middle layer will be scored at 3 3/8" and 6 7/8". Your bottom layer will be scored at 3 7/8" and 6 3/8". On the bottom and middle layers we'll need to cut two slits on either end, it doesn't matter which one. I only took pictures for one layer, but the idea is the same. I'll show you the bottom layer, but I'll give your the measurements for all of them.
On the bottom layer, line up one of your score lines closest to the edge at the 1" line. Place your cutting blade at 1/2" line and cut a 2 1/2" slit. That should take you to the 3" mark on the cutting arm.


Next, you will line your edge up at the 1" mark to the left of the cutting mat and repeat by placing your blade at the 1/2" line and cut a 2 1/2" slit. So what you're doing here is creating the slits an inch from the score line and an inch from the edge.

Your middle layer has different measurements for the slits, but you're still creating them an inch from the score lines and the edge. The measurements for the slits are 1/4" in the cutting arm and the slit is going to be 2 1/4" long. That should take you to 2 1/2. You will not need to cut slits in the top layer.

All of this you will have the side you do not want facing out up. I'm using two sided DSP, the top and bottom layer will have polka dots facing out and the middle has the green pattern. On the top layer, you'll need to cut a tab and paste it on the side that will be the back of the card. I used the modern label punch and folded it in half. Then fold them over and tape it shut.

Bring your middle layer forward and cut a strip of scrap paper. We need this strip to be woven through the slits in the middle layer. On the wrong side facing up, slide your strip through. Remember that my middle layer will not be showing polka dots. The cut marks for the slits closes to the edge of the card is the top.

Flip the paper over and fold the end over. Don't burnish the folds because it might not allow the strip to move. Don't tape it either as we need the strips to move.

Now with the strip pushed down all the way, take your top layer and line it up even with the top of the card and center it over the panel. Then tape the middle layer up.

Repeat the same process with the bottom layer and middle layer.

In the end when you tug on the tab you should have something that looks like this:

Decorate your card! I would recommend on the top and middle layers to mat as little as necessary and use thin cardstock. You don't want it so thick that it won't easily push in again. For my card, I only layered the front bottom layer. Here are the measurements:
  • Bottom layer: 3 5/8 x 4 1/4". Also 3 3/8 x 4"
  • Middle layer 3 1/4 x 1 3/4"
  • Top layer 3 x 1 5/8"
After that I took my 1/4" hole punch to my tab and then pushed ribbon through to be tugged on. I'm not over the moon about the markers and stamps I used, but the continuity is what I really wanted to show for this card. Here it is all being pulled out.

If anything needs clearing up, leave me a comment and I will do my best for you. I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment