Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vintage Birthday

Hiya, Crafters! I hope today finds everyone well. Today's make involved sponging! I sponged in on every bit of this card except for the buttons. Yes, I sponged ink on the twine too! This card came from a sketch I sloppily drew a little while ago. I was most likely inspired by pinterest. 

Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Sponges
  • Border Punch
  • Doilies
  • Twine
  • Buttons (Sweet buttons embosslits used here)
  • Paper piercing tool
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scissors
  • Adhesive
  • Stamping tools
I sponged every piece first before I did any gluing. Then I grabbed some scrap paper and punched out the border and glued them to the edges of the card. I eyeballed all the measurements here. I didn't write anything down. For the doily I cut out the edges, sponged them and adhered it to the back as a kind of bunting. I pierced the paper with my sew easy tool and drew the stitch lines to connect the dots. For the twine, I tied the bow first, then just sponged it while holding it firmly with my other hand so the bow didn't come undone. That was it!

Hope you enjoyed my creation today and I hope it gives you inspiration too. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment