Monday, August 4, 2014

Lego Birthday Card

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for visiting. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was absolutely fantastic! My husband Ben had a birthday on Saturday. We always seem to make the most of everything and I am so glad that I was able to make his day. First, we picked a 4 lbs zucchini. It was bigger than my forearm! We also went to see Guardians of the Galaxy. Holy moly that movie was hysterical. It had the whole theater laughing through the whole movie. It was great! Then we went out for his free birthday pizza. He had a wonderful day. And now I am able to share with you his birthday card. I made him a Lego card! Surprised? I wouldn't be. I usually get him a Lego set every year for Christmas, and he gets me some too, or let's me play with his lol! It's an easy enough card. Now that his birthday has passed, I can share it. Here it is.


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" scored at 5".
  • Coordinating cardstock cut to 4 3/4 x 6 1/4"
  • Another layer of cardstock cut to  4 1/2 x 6"
  • 1/4" hole punch
  • Paper trimmer
  • Tweezers (optional)
  • Sponges
  • Liquid glue
  • Scrap paper
  • Stamping tools
Let's get started! To make the bricks the measurements I used were 1 x2" and 1 x 1". I inked the edges of the bricks with the same color ink to make them have more definition. Next I punched out a bunch of holes in the same color and sponged them as well. Here is where I used the tweezers. Not only was I pinching myself in holding the circles, my fingers were a mess, and it seemed I wasn't doing too great of a job inking the edges. Tweezers were very helpful in this.

The 1 x 2" bricks held 12 circles. This is where I used the liquid glue because  it was easier. The 1 x 1" bricks I only wanted 4 circles on them. You can, if you like, adhere the circles with 3D foam stickers for more dimension if you like. 


This can turn into a time sink depending on how many bricks you want. At first, I was going to edge them in white, but the ink I have must not be good because it rubbed off and it didn't give it the depth I was looking for. This card of course will be perfect for any child and any adult-child.

Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment