Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Masking Window Technique

Hiya, Crafters! How is everyone today? I'm doing well, thank you. Today's make is a masking window technique - I didn't know what to call it. Anyway, all I did was the masking to the next level and made a recessed window for my sentiment. It was quick and easy.




Here's what you'll need to make this card:

  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10" and scored at 5" for the base.
  • Cardstock in coordinating color cut to 4 1/2 x 6" - middle layer
  • Cardstock (in white) cut to 4 3/4 x 6 1/4" - top layer.
  • Nesting dies
  • Post it Notes
  • 3D foam stickers
  • Stamping and die cutting tools
Let's get started! Pick out your dies. The second die will always be the next size smaller. (Or larger depending on how you look at it.) Line them up on your cardstock and use a Post it Note to keep them in place.

Once ran them through your machine, just flip them over and emboss them with your embossing mat and cardboard.

Oh, check that out. An embossed frame!

You can toss that or set it aside for later. I set it aside because I save things that can be re-used. Because I'm using the Secret Garden set and dies, the punch out would be hard for me to discern what goes where when I need to mask the stamped image. So I stamped on post it notes. Be sure to stamp over the area where the sticky stuff is. I also dotted my stamps and the image in case I became disoriented and needed to get it straightened out. Cut those images out.


All that you need to do is stamp and cover your image with the coordinating post it note shape. In my case, I always had to keep them all covered. Sometimes, depending on how bright and how thin the post it note is, I stamped the ink off first before stamping it to my cardstock.



Once you've stamped as much as you wanted, it's time to assemble the card. Line your middle layer on the base of your card and adhere it. Of course you'll want to stamp it first. Then slide your top layer over it where you want and glue that that cut out you first made and adhere it through the window.



Flip the top layer over and place 3D foams on all four corners.

Then line everything up with the cut out and the window and stick it down! Now you've some nice added depth for the card.

I hope you've enjoyed today's tutorial. Don't forget to subscribe. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment