Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tunnel Card

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for popping by. I hope everyone is having a good day. It's absolutely pouring buckets here and the lights have flickered. The only good thing about this is that Oscar, my male cat, hasn't bothered me to take him out on a walk. He can be very persistent. 

Today I wanted to try making a tunnel card. They look complicated, but they're quite simple. I got the instructions from Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts - again, It was a quick card as long as you pay attention to what you're doing.


Let's get started. Here are the materials that you'll need:
  • Two (2) pieces of cardstock cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2"
  • Cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
  • Two (2) pieces cut to 1 7/8 x 5 1/4"
  • Paper trimmer
  • Scoring tool
  • Bone folder
  • Stamping and die cutting tools.
On your first piece of cardstock score in half at 4 1/4" and set this aside. This is the base of your card. (If you stamp the back to sign do it now.) Take your other piece of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" cardstock and score it at 2 1/8", 4 1/4", and 6 3/8". (Or you may flip the card over and score the other side at 2 1/8". It's the same.) 

Before you fold your score lines you will want to cut out your center first. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, the 4th one up from the smallest. I lined the points up with the 4 1/4" score line. Tip: If you don't have magnetic plates, you can use a post it note or washi tape to keep the die in place.


Don't emboss them and save the cut out piece. Next, I folded the score lines in the mountain fold and stamped an image on the label that I cut out. Set this aside.


Take your 4 x 5 1/4" cardstock and fold in half or score at 2". You'll be adhering this over the middle score line on the base of your cardstock. The easiest way to do this is tape just one half of the paper and align it against the score line on your base and stick down. Then tape the other half and fold your base cardstock over so it adheres naturally.

After that I took the mountain fold panel and ran tape on the outer most panel and aligned it up with the outer edge of the base of my card. I then smoothed it out flat and fitted the label that I cut out in the same area I cut it from. If you haven't stamped your greeting yet, do it now before you tape it down.

 
Then I taped the outer panel and folded the base of the card over.  So when you open it, the peak of your mountain fold is facing you and the label is glued to your base card. After that it's just a matter of gluing your two 1 7/8 x 5 1/4" panels. 

The front of the card panels measure to this: 4 x 5/4" and 3 3/4 x 5". Decorate as you please and adhere it to the front. That's it! You've made quite the unique card!


The materials used for this card are:
  • Cardstock from Michaels
  • Sale-a-brations DSP from their spring 2014 sale.
  • Pool party and calypso coral ink
  • Word Play Stampin' Up stamp set.
  • Hero Arts stamp set for the outside greeting and balloon.
Hope you had a fun time making the card. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Thanks for popping over. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment