Monday, June 23, 2014

Post It Note Holder

Hiya Crafters! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pretty laid back aside from preparing for the visit from my husband's grandparents at an undisclosed date. I found that I have a lot of post it note pads. I think they're great for jotting down an address to post a card to someone or writing up your menu for the week to come. But they can make my space seem cluttered.  I searched through Pinterest for a resolution and found this tutorial. What I liked most about it out of the tons that I found is that I could flip it around how it opens. From top to bottom or side to side. I decided to do it side to side because I love books.

Materials needed:
  • Cardstock cut to 3 1/2 x 7"
  • Cardstock cut to 3 x 3 1/4"
  • Postage stamp punch
  • Embossing folder
  • Paper trimmer 
  • Scoring board
  • Stamping tools
Once you've cut your paper to the sizes needed we need to ink your embossing folder and run your paper through your embossing machine. I was a little nervous when I first inked my folders because I was afraid of the clean up. It's as easy as running your embossing folder under the faucet. It's that simple. Unless you use staz-on ink. I used a bunch of make up remover wipes and a lot of elbow grease to get the majority off of my folder. But that's neither here nor there. I don't have a brayer, so I took my ink pad and "stamped" the folder. Up and down, up and down. I didn't paint it or smear it on because it comes off as smeared on your paper. I used a gears and cogs folder from Cuttlebug. I love steampunk.

Next I took some cream colored cardstock and stamped out my letters. The stamp set is the Morning Post Alphabet from Stampin' Up!. The ink I used was pacific point. I punched out the letters with the Postage stamp punch and inked the edges with crumb cake to give it a vintage look. If you choose not to use a punch and want to layer it again, the size would be 2 3/4 x 3". You can definitely add more embellishments to take it from average to glamorous.

Fold along your score lines, roll some tape on the back of your post it note pad, and stick it on your newly made holder. That's it! Now you have a nice looking holder that takes care of the clutter on your stand.

Thanks for stopping by, Crafters! See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment