Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Owl Get Well Wishes

Hiya, Crafters! My poor BFF broke her ankle on Sunday by rolling it on uneven pavement. She has to wear one of those huge, cumbersome boots. Since we live in different states, I'm not able to pamper her or get her Taco Bell. Instead I sent her a get well card dressing up an owl as a nurse.

Here's what you'll need:
  • Owl Builder punch from Stampin' Up! (I am not a demonstrator.)
  • 6 1/2 x 10" piece of cardstock for the base
  • (2) pieces of cardstock cut at 4 3/4 x 6 1/4"
  • white (or another color as you wish) cardstock cut at 4 1/2 x 6" 
  • Modern Label punch
  • Word window punch
  • Permanent adhesive
  • Stamping tools
  • Bone folder.
Score the base of your card at  5", fold and set aside. Build your owl. I did the classic white nurse outfit. For the hat, I simply inverted the white chest and glued it behind the base of the body. To make the cross, I cut two strips of red cardstock and glue them together. I have also seen people punch out a little scallop flower and cut that into a cross.  Set the owl aside. I then layered the outside of the card base with one of the 4 3/4 x 6 1/4" and with the 4 1/2 x 6". I used the other piece of cardstock for inside the card with a thinking of you sentiment. After this was all stuck together, I glued my owl on. The front looked a little empty so I stacked the word window on the modern label and voila!
How cute is that?
Thanks for stopping by, Crafters! Leave a comment for me! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment