Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Scallop Tag Topper Punch Card

Hiya, Crafters! Thanks for stopping by. Happy middle of the week! I just found out that my niece has gotten her first apartment with a friend. I'm very proud of her. So today I am going to show you how I do a scallop tag topper punch card. I fell in love with the look on pinterest and just had to get the punch. I don't know if you've noticed, but I make slightly larger cards than most. I still do the standard, or little, size occasionally; but I prefer a bit bigger. You can find the smaller measurements here with a video as well.



Let's get started! Here's what you'll need:

  • Scallop Tag Topper Punch
  • Cardstock cut to 6 1/2 x 10". This is the base of your card.
  • Outside layer 3 x 6", and 2 3/4 x 5 3/4"
  • Inside layer 4 3/4 x 6 1/4"
  • Baker's twine
  • Paper trimmer and scoring tool
  • Stamping, embossing, and die cutting tools
To start, cut your base card stock to size. Flip it longways and notch the top and the bottom at 3 1/4. You can notch with your scoring tool or you can mark it with a pen as it will be punched out anyway.


Once you've done that you're ready to punch out the scallop tag topper by lining up the notches with the very top point of the tag.


Once you've punched those out you will need to cut the flaps out. On your paper trimmer, line of the punched line with the groove. You can either drop your trimming blade into the void of paper, or slowly move it up until you feel the give. You will want to move slowly. Once you've cut out both flaps, bring your scoring tool down and score the flap.


Flip it around and cut the flaps out as well but don't score. This is going to the be the front of your card. The tag topper that you did score go ahead and fold. You will use that edge to line up and score at 5".


Adhere your layering panels. I like to stamp on the lower right corner on the inside layer as it's a peek-a-boo. Once you've glued everything down, thread your baker's twine through the tags and tie it closed.

Materials used for this card:
  • Cardstock purchased from Michaels
  • DCWV designer paper
  • Paisley Cuttlebug emobossing folder. (My nieces name is Paisley!)
  • Yippee - Skippee stamp set from Stampin' Up!
  • Chalk Talk framelits from Stampin' Up!
  • Key stamps - I can't remember the brand.
I hope you enjoy making this card as much as I do. Please leave a comment of what you think. Thanks for popping over. See ya soon, Crafters!

No comments:

Post a Comment