Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Swinging Gift Card Holder Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Welcome back! As I explained in my last post I'm celebrating Christmas this weekend with my family in Illinois. Yesterday I made the book gift card holder. Today, I am making a simple, but elegant swinging gift card holder. I saw the idea here. It's so simple there are literally only three pictures. That's not because I want to play my game, which I do.; but because it really is that simple.
Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock in your preferred colors.
  • Any shape of nesting dies, or one die
  • Brads
  • Embossing folder
  • Embossing and Die cutting machine
  • Black marker
  • Stamping tools needed to finish the card.
Let's get started! In this tutorial I am using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels ten. I used the largest and second largest die. Cut out two of the largest shapes in one color. I used my black marker to create some faux stitching using the die as a template.I only did this to one of the largest shapes. Then I embossed it. I was lucky to have an embossing folder that looked like a frame. I don't know what it's called, but it's a cuttlebug one.

 Then I cut out the second largest shape in green. For the pocket, I used designer paper. I cut that out with the second largest die. On the green and designer paper I also did faux stitching. 

Next I cut the designer paper shape in half to serve as my pocket. Only taping around the edges, I lined it up with the other shape. I then taped these to the largest shape in red that I did not faux stitch or emboss.

Now is the time to finish decorating. You can opt to add a To and From to the pocket or not. I'm doing that on the envelope I put it in. I used Stampin' Up's keepsake ornaments in garden green. I stamped out one of the smaller ornaments in smokey slate and punched out the circle with a 1" circle punch and adhered to the middle. That went on the front.

Next I lined up both pieces, as you should only have two  of the same size now, and pierced the paper in the corner and inserted a single brad that allows movement for the swinging. That's it! Took me less than an hour, which means I can go play my game! 
 I know some of you are thinking "Amy, just do your last gift card holder. Stop procrastinating." Well, I am procrastinating. But I've had my Christmas Cards done since September. ;)

Thanks for popping by, Crafters. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment