Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Bleaching Technique

Hiya, Crafters! Happy birthday to me! This is certainly a special week considering I didn't plan to post again. I needed to make a quick card and this technique is something that I've really been wanting to try. So I did! 


Here's what you'll need to make this card:
  • Cardstock - get everything you'll need to make this card.
  • Bleach
  • Spare paint brush or aqua painter
  • Embossing powder
  • Versamark - or something similar
  • Heat gun
  • Stamping tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! Stamp your image in versamark and pour your powder over the images. Set the powder with your heat gun. You'll see here that I have a small bowl of bleach and a paint brush. Be certain you only use that brush or aqua painter with nothing else since we're working with bleach.
What's next is super simple. Paint your image with bleach. Don't get too sloppy like I did or it will show that you painted outside the lines. I used a paint brush as I had spares of those, but you may find you have more control with the aqua painter. Also, the bleach will not effect the embossing powder. You may already see the bleach working after about a minute or less. This is what mine looked like.
The next part is what really had me saying "Wow!" excitedly when I watched the video. When you're done painting with the bleach, take your heat gun and heat under the cardstock. It's like magic! The paper will lighten even more.

Pretty slick, huh? The more you bleach, the more you'll have this effect, so you can really take this up plenty of notches. This might become one of my new favorite techniques! Be careful though, bleach really shows mistakes. That's it for me today! Thanks for popping by, Crafters! I'll see you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment