Monday, November 17, 2014

Sheep Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! I hope everyone has been well these past couple of weeks. I have to admit that I am in another card making funk. I promised my mother a couple of years ago to do a proper scrapbook of my brother who had died in 2003. I finally started and finished it last week. It was the hardest scrapbook I think I will ever do. I tried so hard to make it with joy and love instead of grief. It took a lot out of me and it put me into a bit of a card making funk. My loving husband prescribed that I do a fun scrapbook and nominated our three cats as the subject. I think I'll take his advice.  But!! My lovely cousin had her baby! And what is even more of a surprise is that she had her baby on her birthday! I don't know if it gets more awesome than that. They opted to now know if they were having a boy or a girl - It's a Boy! His name is Ryan Christopher and he weighed 7lbs & 7 oz and 21 inches long. I had to make her a congratulations card! I'll be glad to show you how I made the sheep.
Here's what you'll need to make the card:
  • Your choice in color of cardstock and measurements
  • Glue (I used liquid for the sheep)
  • Polka Dot Embossing folder
  • Scallop punches and dies
  • Oval punch or die
  • Small circle punch (I used owl builder)
  • Word window punch for legs
  • Sponges
  • Stamping and die cutting tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! First you will want to emboss your cardstock in a polka dot embossing folder. Then punch out the scallops that will be the main body for your sheep. Mine are about 1 1/2". For the fluff on the head, I used smaller scallops that I got from a dollar bin and from one of the flowers from the boho blossoms punch. So long as you have the varied sizes yours will look fine. Depending on how big you want your sheep, select the oval that will work just right for the body. I actually used a tag & cut the top off since my ovals were too big or too small for what I wanted.
Next I sponged the edges in blue ink. If you want a more realistic look try a light tan or beige. Crumb cake is my favorite for this type of work. In the same cardstock for the head I punched out two pieces with my word window and cut those in half for legs. I did the same with the large circles with the owl builder punch and cut them in half for ears. All that is left is to assemble your sheep. I generally angle the ears off of the top corner  and hide them under the scallops. I don't bother with making a face, but you certainly can with a black or white gel pen.

I hope you enjoyed today's quick and easy tutorial on making sheep. I really love this and have used it even in scrapbooks. Thanks for popping by, Crafters! See ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. I like the card. Congrats to your cousin. Welcome to Ryan.

    ReplyDelete