Wednesday, November 26, 2014

MP3/4 Gift Card Holder Tutorial

Hiya, Crafters! Happy Wednesday! It's snowing pretty good over here and my cats are racing all over the house. Don't they know they're supposed to do that at 3 AM? Silly kitties. All right, so today's tutorial is yet another gift card holder. My niece wanted some music for her iPod so that's what she is getting. I designed this one with the help of Google images!
Here's what you'll need to make this gift card holder:
  • Cardstock cut to 4 x 5 1/4"
  • White cardstock cut to 2 1/8 x 1 1/2" for the LCD
  • Twine
  • Circle punches of varying sizes
  • Scoring tool
  • Stamping and die cutting tools needed to finish the card
Let's get started! First, we need to make the sleeve. On the long side, you will be scoring at 4 1/2" and again at 2 1/4". Fold along your score lines.
At this point you may want to determine which side is going to be your back and punch out a half circle or something similar. Just so it's easier on them to get the gift card out.
Next cut some twine. I eyeballed mine so I don't know how long it is. All I did was cut one piece and folded it in half. These are for the ear buds. Run your tape runner along the bottom and the 1/2" flap. Before you glue the sleeve together, add the twin to the flap making sure you have two ends free to glue your ear buds to.
Above you can see there is a LCD and that dial. The LCD measures at 2 1/8 x 1 1/2" and I rounded the corners. (My envelope punch board is the best corner rounder I have!) 
The white dial circle is 1 1/4" and the purple circle is actually the largest circle in the owl builder punch. I punched out 5 of them as I used 4 for the large part of the ear buds. The black "speaker" in the buds I used a 1/4" hole punch. I used liquid glue when adhering the buds tot he twine because it allows for some play.  Voila! You are done. Here's what it looks like from behind.
This did not take me long at all to make. I hope you enjoyed today's super easy gift card holder! I'll be seeing you next week. Happy Thanksgiving, Crafters! Travel safely everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment